26 Mar How WPC Door Frames Better Than PVC
WPC Door Frames v/s PVC Door Frames
We have noticed that many of you are still confused when it comes to choosing between WPC and PVC as materials to build door frames.
Therefore, with this blog, we are here to dispel all your confusion and give you clear insights about both the materials and how they are different from each other.
WPC stands for Wood Plastic Composite and PVC stands for Poly Vinyl Chloride. We obviously cannot conclude which is a better choice between WPC and PVC Board just by its names so let us get to know a little more about them.
Wood Plastic Composite (WPC)
WPC is a hybrid composite material known for its ability to mould into any shape and size. It is made by integrating thermoplastics with wood flour. Wood-Plastic-Composites have the feel and look of wood, but they are more durable and can also be recycled. That is why they are considered a good alternative to wood.
Here are the advantages of WPC Door Frames:
- WPC is moisture-proof.
- It is rot-resistant.
- It is environment-friendly
- It is non-corrosive
- It is antibacterial and anti-warping.
- It does not require further surface coating
- It can be customized with print and texture.
- It is lightweight, durable and easy to maintain.
- Cutting, nailing, drilling and finishing possible with standard carpentry tools.
- Affordable cost
Polymerization of Vinyl Chloride (PVC)
PVC is a material that is widely used in the building, transport, packaging, electrical and healthcare sector for its versatile usability. Colored PVC board is presently being used as a substitute for metal, glass, concrete, and clay in many applications.
Here are the advantages of PVC:
- Technical advantages – abrasion resistance, lightweight, mechanical strength, and toughness.
- Easy to process and long-lasting.
- High clarity, organoleptic properties, and less carbon footprint.
- Fully recyclable and non-toxic.
So which is better? Let’s understand.
How is WPC Door Frames better than PVC?
Even though both WPC and PVC have plastic-based components used while manufacturing, the composition of both materials is different.
- We need to use additional materials to reinforce PVC when it is used. However, WPC does not require additional reinforcement. It is strong in itself.
- WPC has more versatility in terms of density as compared to PVC.
- PVC is a costlier option as compared to WPC.
- WPC has more strength as compared to PVC.
- WPC is an extremely carpenter-friendly material whereas.
Listed above are the few noticeable advantages of WPC over PVC. Along with these, there are various other reasons to choose WPC. It is UV resistant and weather-proof and does not shrink or expand in different seasons. It can be used in a variety of spaces, be it interior or exterior spaces.
With leading brands like EkoTimber making a lot of efforts to ensure that only the highest quality of WPC door frames are manufactured, the adoption of WPC is going to keep increasing in the future. If you are working on a new building or renovating an old home, then ensure that you use WPC door frames from Ekotimber.