WPC Door Frames or Wood Plastic Composite Door Frames is a unique material that can be used for a variety of purposes in the homes you build.
WPC is one of the most preferred materials now for exterior claddings such as the facade material for building elevations and facade treatments. It is also one of the best materials to use for door frames.
It is light in weight, durable, strong and easy to install and maintain. It is considerably cheaper compared to traditional pressure treated timber to manufacture and hence is pocket friendly.
Due to their superior nature, WPCs are commonly used for door frames made on terraces and balconies. WPCs being anti-corrosion, antibacterial and anti-ageing, are also used as door frames in Farmhouses which are on the outskirts of the city.
WPC Door Frames are also now widely being used for door frames in bathrooms and kitchens as they are moisture-proof and fire-resistant.
WPC Door Frames by companies like EkoTimber have zero shrinkage which keeps the doors in operating condition and looks great for years.
The WPC door frames are manufactured with advanced technology which makes them clean and odorless, UV resistant and tough and well-finished.
WPC Door Frames can be worked on with normal carpenter tools. The use of WPCs ranges from its uses in structural and non-structural applications.
A good quality product can be cut, drilled, nailed and sanded like normal wood-based boards. All these processes can be done normally with carpenter tools just like they are used on wood.
However, not all WPC Door Frames are made the same. The quality of the product will depend on the quality of the material and the advanced technology used in manufacturing it.
The primary consideration would be high-quality raw materials. UV stabilizers and other additives play an essential role against fading and degeneration in our highly tropical weather conditions.
Also importantly, quality finishing is the results of advanced technology and machinery, which eventually define the look and feel of the finished product.
Quality differs from brand to brand. While India is one of the fastest-growing markets for WPC in the world, we need the right knowledge and technical understanding of how to make the best WPC door frames.
Product awareness and marketing is also a challenge as of now. Irrespective of the rates, product and positioning, the awareness among the industry professionals should be to give a quality product and standardized with BIS.
The dimensions and product characteristics should match the expectations and standards set by the industry.
How to Check the Quality of WPC Door Frames Product
- It is usually believed that the higher the density, the better will be the product. The screw holding capacity, the resistance capacity and the flexural strength all depend upon the density of WPC material.
- The minimum density required for a good quality WPC door frame should be around 750 kg/cum for better screw holding.
- Dimensional stability and colors should also be checked. If the product meets these basic criteria, then it is a good quality WPC product.
- WPC can be a great addition to the list of newer materials in the market which has the potential for diverse application.
- It is comparatively easy to use and maintain and also is more sustainable than natural products like wood.
- The better the material composite quality and advanced is the technology used to manufacture it, the more is the durability and performance.
With leading brands like EkoTimber making a lot of efforts to ensure that only the highest quality of WPC door frames are manufactured, the adoption of WPC is going to keep increasing in future.
If you are working on building or renovating a home, then ensure that you use WPC doorframes from Ekotimber.